When it comes to developing technical analysis and charting skills, the Certified Technical Analysts® (CeTA) Designation is where it’s at. For financial professionals who are considering this option, obtaining this certification shows potential employers that you have a comprehensive knowledge of technical analysis and could put you ahead of the pack in pursuit of that coveted Wall Street job. If you think a CeTA certification might help you chart your career course and get it trending in the desired direction, read on to find out what the program entails and what you’ll need to do to succeed.
What’s a CeTA?
The CeTA® Program is administered by the The Association of Technical Analysts (ATA, India). It aims to develop a technical analysis as well as professional analytical skills. An additional benefit of the program is that it provides a code of ethics and gives analysts an ethical framework to work within.
Designed as a self-study program, the ATA provides a reading material related to the entire course by book and various study aids. Using textbooks, sample exams, most students are able to grasp the material and progress through the exams.
While there are countless technical analysis training programs available, only the CeTA is designed to provide broad exposure to the classic literature in the field while emphasizing state-of-the-art analytical techniques. Almost every aspect of technical analysis is addressed in the curriculum – chart pattern identification and measurements, common and obscure indicators, Elliott wave theory, Gann angles, point-and-figure charting, candlestick charts and other tools. (For more insight, see Exploring Oscillators and Indicators.)
Why Should You Consider This Program?
If you’re looking to work in a traditional finance job, the CeTA demonstrates accomplishment to potential employers.
CeTA isn’t just for those who want to work as analysts. Potential traders, gain exposure to a wide variety of technical tools, allowing them to learn what fits their trading style and temperament. Even registered representatives can benefit from the CeTA program, because their clients are likely to want technical opinions on stocks and the overall market.
What the Program Requires
To be granted the designation, a candidate must pass two examination levels, complete the membership application process, and agree to the ATA, India’s code of ethics. To register for the CeTA® Program, individuals must the first join the ATA, India as an active-member and then enroll in the CeTA Program. After enrolling in the Program, candidates can then pay and register for their exam. Successful preparation for each exam requires candidates to carefully study the booked issued by the ATA, India.
How Long Does It Take?
The CeTA Program includes twoe exams. The first is the two hours multiple-choice format and the final exam is a grueling three-hour essay exam. Each exam is offered round of the year, meaning applicants can complete the program in as little as three months. However, most take three months to get through the process. The ATA, India recommends allowing at least 40 hours of study time for both level, and many applicants spend considerably more time on the readings and preparation.
Benefits and Job Prospects
While the first CeTA certifications were granted ATA, India in 2008, the program has dramatically increased in popularity.
According to the ATA, India, the CeTA consists of more than 200 market professionals.
The CeTA is the only technical analysis training designed by professionals, for professionals. The program provides the tools investors need to become a technical analyst. Some of the best minds in the industry have completed this certification, demonstrating its value and increasing its recognition. For those serious about technical analysis, this is a program worth considering because it will not only enhance your knowledge – it should also help you make money.
ATA, India is proud to present all time famous CETA Certificate course in Technical Analysis. This course goes beyond covering the concepts of technical tools and seeks to include even elements such as Context analysis, Trade selection, Risk address, Software usage etc., that are equally important along with analysis of the markets. The course will consist of over 40 hours of training instructions delivered thru convenient week end class (Saturday and Sunday) and will cover all the major topics in technical analysis such as:
This course is divided into four modules
Module-1- Introduction to Financial Market: 1. The importance of Markets in the 21st Century 2. Macro Finance
Module-2- Essential Technical Tools: 3. Foundation of Technical Analysis 4. Charts Patterns 5. Trend and Pattern Analysis 6. Trend Following
Module-3- Trading Tactics: 7. Algorithmic Trading and System Testing 8. Mean Reversion Strategy and Indicator 9. Techniques & Tactics of Investment
Module-4- Managing Client Accounts: 10. Risk Management 11. Portfolio Management 12. Stock Market Discipline and Rules
13. Case Studies
Who should attend this course?
· Anyone who is interested in the subject of technical analysis and wants to learn it in detail.
· Students of Finance, seeking a career in market research- for Equity, Commodity and Currency segments.
· Sub-brokers and Franchisees who wish to add value to their clients thru technical research.
· Employees of Brokers, Mutual Funds who want to elevate the levels of service and value additions to their clients.
· Active investors and Traders who wish to improve their performances in the markets and achieve greater returns in their investing and trading portfolios.
· HNIs who should look for maximizing profit potential thru intelligent shifting of asset classes on proactive basis using market timing
· Options traders who need confirmation through Technical Analysis of their view on market trend and turn dates.
How will I benefit by attending this course?
· Upon completion of the course, you will have a good understanding of the technical analysis process and will know why it is an important element in financial planning and execution.
· You will get an ability to interact with the market for Any Time Frame of your choice- whether it would be intraday or end of the day or multiple days and weeks or even multi month positions.
· You will be able to improve your results of Long Term Investing using technical analysis in addition to the fundamental analysis used for stock selection.
· You will be able to engage in a series of short to medium term investing during the momentum phases of the market trends.
· You will be able to participate profitably in Declining markets and not be confined to just bull market phases.
· You will be able to construct active investment portfolios that help you get much better returns from the markets.
· You will be able to get jobs as Technical analysts in reputed firms.
· You can work as a Freelance consultant for your own set of clients to earn handsome income.
· You can be an Expert in Multiple Asset classes such as Equities, Futures, Commodities, and Currencies as the format of technical analysis is almost the same across different markets.
· You will be able to Analyse and Forecast any financial market in the world! This can open up opportunities across the globe for you!
· As you can see, the benefits are enormous and numerous! The best part is that you can be completely independent after learning this form of market analysis and lead your own business, working from the comforts of your home too!